Opened in 1987, Avalon is a unique centre with a focus on meeting unmet needs. It is run entirely by volunteers and survives solely on donations and grants. Our aim is to help people who have slipped through the cracks, including the homeless, people with mental illness and/or disabilities, the elderly and anyone requiring support.
AVALON’S MISSION STATEMENT
Avalon aims to help when we can, where we can and in whatever way we can.
To meet unmet needs and offer a helping hand to the people whom society has left behind. We want to provide the means to support, help and encourage all those who need it.
WHAT HAPPENS AT AVALON
- Avalon Weekly Drop-In (everyone is welcome)
- Monthly Makeover days (free haircuts, make up, nails and clothes)
- Weekly Day Trips
- Clothes Distribution (to homeless, disadvantaged, asylum seekers and anyone who needs them)
- Individual support (advocacy, transport, food, social connection)
OTHER FACTS ABOUT AVALON
- Avalon is not associated with any religious or political bodies
- All donations are tax deductible
- Avalon is run solely by volunteers and has no paid staff
- All donations made to Avalon go directly to those in need